Greece is high on my bucket list!! This amazing deal includes so much and let’s you see Santorini, Mykonos & Athens!!
Now, more than ever, travelers are seeking assistance from travel professionals with planning their future vacations. With so much uncertainty in the world, having an expert in your corner helping you every step of the way not only helps to give you peace of mind when planning your trip, but it also ensures that you will be able to rest easy knowing that your Travel Agent has thought of everything for you.
So, why should you use a Travel Agent?
- You won’t pay anything additional for your vacation package when you book with a Travel Agent versus booking your vacation directly through the destination. Utilizing an expert that can personalize your entire vacation is truly invaluable; the expertise and knowledge you’ll gain from using an agent will help ensure your vacation is as relaxing and worry-free as possible!
- Using a Travel Agent is a huge time-saver! There are way more important things you could be doing than wasting time comparing prices on countless confusing travel websites.
- Travel Agents have access to quickly find deals and special offers that may not be clearly visible for you to find in your searches.
- You can’t beat the customer service when you book with a Travel Agent. You’ll never get an automated answering service when you call your Travel Agent. Need suggestions or help sorting something out? You’ll get through to your agent a lot quicker than you would if you booked through some of those websites you search through. And your agent will do everything they can to help you get what you need, stat!
- Your Travel Agent will be your main point of contact from the time you start planning until after you return from your trip. They can also be as much (or as little) involved in the planning process as you’d like them to be.
- Not sure where you want to travel? Your Travel Agent will help you come up with some great ideas for destinations, while also keeping your budget in mind.
- Your Travel Agent will follow up and follow through to see that all of your special needs and requests are met whenever possible, as well as make sure you are aware about any deals that you may be entitled to.
- When you use a Travel Agent, you can rest assured that in the event something goes wrong on your trip or you have an emergency requiring last minute changes, your Travel Agent will be there to do the legwork for you so you don’t need to worry about any of that.
- Most online travel booking sites require you to pay your entire trip cost up front, regardless of when you book. When you book with a Travel Agent, you may be able to set up a payment plan to make smaller payments over time.
- Travel Agents love what they do and truly value your business!
With back to school upon us, self-care for moms is a ubiquitous topic on social media and even the news. We are told everyday in the media we should be taking care of ourselves. Sounds simple enough, right? But what does self-care look like, and how can we really do it? Sometimes seeing past the stress to even know what we want to do is hard. Like any other task, breaking down possibilities into smaller segments is a fantastic approach.
Start small: how can I rest today? This week?
This month? In the next six months?
For today, try taking a walk. Unplug the phone. If you have small kids, even just a lap around the block with the stroller or putting on some dance music in the house can do wonders. If you are working, maybe a quick walk outside at lunch or an outdoor spot for an afternoon coffee break will help. Be sure you take those lunches and coffee breaks! The daytime downtime is important. A few times a month try to schedule a date with a friend or your significant other. Not everything has to cost money – simply going to a park, the beach, or a walk around the neighborhood will give you a chance to talk and reconnect.
My neighbor and I walk in the mornings after she drops her kids at the bus
– it gives us an hour or so to exercise and chat, before she’s off to start her workday. My husband and I try to go out to dinner a few times a month. We talk about the mundane but we always try to add in a “hopes and dreams” section in our conversations. It’s fun and helps us stay focused on each other. It’s so easy to get caught up the day-to-day demands of work, kids, house, stress.
One of my favorite self-care opportunities is taking experiences with the family. My husband and I try to get away once a year overnight just the two of us. We are fortunate to have parents who are able to stay with our kids. We don’t always do something big – sometimes it’s a hotel in our city, sometimes a neighboring city, sometimes it’s a big bucket list trip like a cruise. If family isn’t available, see if you can swap childcare with a friend. It takes a little planning and coordination, especially if you have special
needs kids, but it’s worth the time and effort.
The last planning point for self-care is to dream big! What’s your bucket list item? Maybe a family trip to Europe. Or Disney World. A beautiful beach somewhere. The mountains in the fall.
Travel has a way to refocus our priorities and connect the family. My very favorite thing about travel destinations is seeing families (multigenerational, teens, toddlers, parents) connect. They are walking
through the theme parks laughing, talking, and enjoying their time together. In more exotic travel locales, many phone plans don’t work so there is an absolute disconnect from daily life.
Here are a few ideas for long-term planning:
– Take a trip to Beaches (with family or friends) or Sandals with your significant other. Everything is included but your airfare, leaving with you nothing to worry or think about.
– Cruises – something for everyone. Activities for kids, a spa, deck sports, shows, and amazing food. Unpack once, visit many locations!
– Disney/Universal/Sea World – perfect for families, multigenerational trips, and even adults. My husband and I enjoyed a 24 hour date at a Disney Resort before grandma brought the kids down. It was amazing.
– Living With the Magic is hosting a Girls Getaway Weekend in April 2020. I went last year with my college sorority sisters – we celebrated 20 years of friendship! There is something special about spending time with your village.
This weekend, set a short term goal to look at the calendar and see what’s open. Make a plan for short and long term self-care. Together we can strengthen our human connections, relax and refresh!
Let’s get excited, plan a trip, and I’ll See Ya Real Soon!
At Living With The Magic Vacations…we love Disney. I mean, I think it’s pretty obvious! We are mostly Disney fanatics and some of us vacation almost exclusively at Disney. BUT we know that there are some pretty amazing vacation destinations around the world and our clients want to see those too! Did you know that we can book nearly any destination in the world!? That we don’t JUST do Disney??
That’s why I’m excited to share with you, Grand Getaways Travel, a division of Living With The Magic Vacations!
What does that mean exactly? It’s the same great group of travel planners that you are used to, the same attention to detail, the same partner on your side helping you plan Grand and Magical Vacations…just to different destinations!!
Here are just some of the vacations we can book!
- Universal Orlando
- Sea World Orlando
- Busch Gardens
- Sesame Place
- Hershey Place
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Princess Cruise Line
- Norwegian Cruise Line
- Carnival Cruise Line
- Holland America
- Viking River Cruises
- Ama Waterways
- Trafalgar Tours
- Yankee Holidays
- Amtrak Vacations
- Alaska Railroad
- Sandals & Beaches
- Karisma Resorts
- Hard Rock Resorts
Plus so much more! We can put together custom vacations with hotels and activities almost anywhere in the world!
There are a lot of choices to make when deciding to take a cruise. How many nights, what ports, what ship and what might be most important, what cruise line? Two of the more popular lines are Carnival Cruise Line and Disney Cruise Line as both have received high marks for their family programs on board their ships. What line makes the most sense for the vacation you envision? Continue reading to find out!