We will be updating this article as more information is made available! If you would like assistance with your next Disney vacation, our travel planners are standing by!!
As of 8/20/2021
How much will access to Disney Genie cost?
There will be no cost for using Disney Genie as it will be available to all guests within the My Disney Experience app. With this new feature, you’ll be able to…
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your suggested itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance: Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
You will have the opportunity to upgrade to Disney Genie+ and/or individual rides will be available to purchase to access additional Lightning Lane Entrances with these new add-on features:
- Disney Genie+ Service (available for purchase): For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort and $20 per ticket per day at Disneyland Resort, you will be able to choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane Entrance. You will be able to make one selection at a time from the convenience of your electronic device throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). This convenient option is the next evolution of the fan-favorite Disney MaxPass service from Disneyland Resort.
- Note: Lightning Lane Entrances will be replacing Fastpass+ (Walt Disney World) and MaxPass (Disneyland). Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks – perfect for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions will continue to offer a traditional Standby Queue or a Virtual Queue at certain attractions (i.e. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance) to maximize flexibility.
- Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories. Walt Disney World Resort guests will have access to augmented reality lenses within the My Disney Experience app, while guests at Disneyland Resort will have unlimited Disney PhotoPass downloads from your day. (Note: Memory Maker will still be sold separately at Walt Disney World Resort).
- Individual Attraction Selections (available for purchase): Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom Park and Radiator Springs Racers at Disney California Adventure park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch. Guests staying at an on-site Walt Disney World Resort Hotel will be able to purchase and select these attractions at 7am each day. Guests staying off-site will be able to purchase and select their attractions upon entry to the park each day.
Do I need to purchase Disney Genie+ if I’m just interested in Individual Attraction Selections?
No, you do not need to purchase Disney Genie+ in order to be able to purchase Individual Attractions Selections. If you would prefer to utilize the Standby and Virtual Queues but would like to purchase up to 2 Individual Attractions Selections on any of the days of your vacation, you can do just that! This option will be available for purchase within the Disney Genie in your My Disney Experience app each day at 7am for Walt Disney World Resort guests staying on-site, and upon park entry for guests staying off-site, regardless of whether or not you’ve added Disney Genie+ to your vacation package.
What are Lightning Lanes?
Lightning Lanes will be replacing Fastpass+ (Walt Disney World) and MaxPass (Disneyland). Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks – perfect for those who love the Park Hopper option. Attractions will continue to offer a traditional standby queue or a virtual queue at certain attractions (i.e. Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance) to maximize flexibility.
Am I required to pay for Disney Genie+?
Absolutely not! Standby Lines will still be available as they are now and you can use the itinerary function of the Disney Genie to help plan out your best Disney day. We are anticipating that Genie+ will operate a lot like the recently retired MaxPass system at Disneyland; you may be able to purchase Genie+ for your entire stay, or for just a select number of days, allowing you the flexibility to utilize this new perk for the days and/or parks you find would be most beneficial for your group.
When can I add this service?
Disney will be releasing this new service sometime this Fall, but an official date has not yet been released.
What we do know… If you’re planning to utilize Genie+ for all of your park days, you will be able to add it to your vacation package before you even leave for vacation! If you’re planning to utilize Disney Genie+ for select days of your vacation, you can purchase Genie+ at midnight of your Genie+ park day via Disney Genie within your My Disney Experience app.
More info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=38&v=ra8xZr9fMog&feature=emb_logo