As of May 15, 2021, both Orlando theme parks have relaxed their mask guidelines. This information is current as of today, May 15, 2021 but is subject to change.
Walt Disney World
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 2 and up) and Cast Members. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them in all indoor locations, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing. Face coverings are optional in outdoor common areas at Walt Disney World Resort, but are still required upon entering and throughout all attractions, theaters and transportation.
All face coverings (whether disposable or reusable) must:
- Be made with at least 2 layers of breathable material
- Fully cover the nose and mouth and secure under the chin
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
- Be secured with ties or ear loops and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
At this time, based on guidance from health authorities, neck gaiters, open-chin triangle bandanas and face coverings containing valves, mesh material or holes of any kind are not acceptable face coverings.
Costume masks are also not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
Face coverings may have an integrated transparent plastic panel to aid in viewing the wearer’s mouth. These face coverings must:
- Be a fabric face covering featuring a solid plastic panel containing no openings that is attached to the fabric on all sides using tight knit stitching
- Meet all face covering requirements listed above
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Face Coverings Throughout Walt Disney World Resort
|Face Covering Required||Face Coverings Optional|
|Upon entering and throughout all attractions||✓|
|All theaters, including theater entrances||✓|
|All transportation, including transportation entrances||✓|
|All indoor locations, including restaurants, except when actively eating or drinking while stationary||✓|
|Outdoor common areas||✓|
We’re excited to enhance your Universal experience with the latest safety updates from local health and government officials.
- Face coverings are not mandatory while outdoors.
- Face coverings are still required in all indoor locations including shops and restaurants.
- Face coverings are required at all attractions—from the moment the queue begins until the exit of the experience.
- Guests must still provide their own face covering.
- Social Distancing between travel parties remains at three feet (1 meter).
As always, we remain focused on maintaining the highest cleanliness and sanitization standards.